Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

very delayed voicemail notifications

Hello everyone, for some reason my iPhone through att is delayed (hours/sometimes days) to let me know there is a voicemail. no type of notification at all all that I have a voicemail. I have already reset carrier options.

Any ideas??

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 6:02 AM

Same problem on ATT. Cellular data has never been turned off. Ever. Sometimes voice messages take several days even weeks to show up. I’ve had ATT for 20 years and didn’t have this problem until November when I switched to iPhone (brand new 12 Pro).

51 replies

Jul 24, 2021 5:02 AM in response to lynnfromhurst

I’ve been having the same problem for the past month or so. (Sprint). I think I may have figured it out, at least for now. Make sure to delete old voicemails, and if you have done that, scroll down and click on deleted voicemails and clear all. I had hundreds of voicemails sitting in the deleted file. As soon as I cleared them, new voicemails from days ago popped up. Hope this helps

Apr 10, 2021 7:44 AM in response to solar456

solar456 wrote:
Does Apple look at these threads?

No, this is a user to user forum; Apple’s participation is very limited. There are several ways to communicate with Apple:

Sometimes it is helpful to tell your Apple contact about a thread of similar problems, and they will look if it is mostly technical posts and not just rants.

May 31, 2021 7:01 AM in response to roya14

My wife’s iPhone 12 Pro Max also has this same issue since upgrading from an iPhone 7 in Nov. I also upgraded from android to just the iPhone12 at the same time and dont seem to have the issue. Along with missing Visual VM (hitting *86 they are waiting at Verizon VM system) she is also at times not getting the inbound call and does not get any indication of a missed call.

We keep applying the latest iOS hoping the fix the issue. Verizon also sent us a single booster to install in the house because we only had 2 bars but problem seemed like it was fixed but still continues. I have about 4 technical support tickets opened with 3 of those escalated to higher level of support. Next I am going to push to see about getting a replacement phone.

May 31, 2021 8:05 AM in response to thingbot

thingbot wrote:

My wife’s iPhone 12 Pro Max also has this same issue since upgrading from an iPhone 7 in Nov. I also upgraded from android to just the iPhone12 at the same time and dont seem to have the issue. Along with missing Visual VM (hitting *86 they are waiting at Verizon VM system) she is also at times not getting the inbound call and does not get any indication of a missed call.
We keep applying the latest iOS hoping the fix the issue. Verizon also sent us a single booster to install in the house because we only had 2 bars but problem seemed like it was fixed but still continues. I have about 4 technical support tickets opened with 3 of those escalated to higher level of support. Next I am going to push to see about getting a replacement phone.

A replacement phone will not solve a carrier problem.

To make sure it isn’t a problem with settings on your phone, do you always have cellular data enabled? Voicemail only syncs over cellular data; it cannot sync over Wi-Fi.

very delayed voicemail notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.