You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update my iPad from on a Windows computer because it only gives examples from Macbooks.

How do I update my iPad from a Windows computer because it only gives examples from Macbooks.

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 11, 2020 8:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2020 8:52 PM

You can use a Windows computer with iTunes installed.

Instructions here => Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Note:

If you have iPad mini 1st generation, you cannot update past iOS 9.3.5/9.3.6 for cellular models

If you have iPad mini 2nd or 3rd generation, iOS 12.4.9 is the highest you can update to.

2 replies

Nov 11, 2020 8:55 PM in response to DJoers

DJoers Said:

How do I update my iPad from a Windows computer because it only gives examples from Macbooks.

———-

On a PC, Update iPadOS Through iTunes:

1. Go Here: Update iPad - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Update Using your Computer
  3. As it Reads: In the iTunes app on your Windows PC: Click the iPad button near the top left of the iTunes window, then click Summary.

How do I update my iPad from on a Windows computer because it only gives examples from Macbooks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.