Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erro installing and updating applications via AppStore Mojave 10.14.6

Hello Everyone!

I want to report a serious issue.

There is no possibility to install or update applications via AppStore on Mojave 10.14.6

When I try to do so - the popup appears saying "We could not complete your purchase, cancelling..."

I am logged into iCloud... And my AppleID appears in the AppStore.

What is wrong with AppStore? Please help.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 11:27 AM

Hello All!

Peeps, thanks for advices! Actually, yes, the security update not only broke the AppStore, My Macbook pro mid 2015 started to work so slowly... I though it was damaged forever. like, You try to open system preferences, or a finder - and the mac runs this command like 2 minutes and everything is hanging. And, I was using the ElCaptain with the lates security patches and wanted to check the Catalina. So upgraded - and all my applications stopped working. Ten I returned to the latest 32-bit version - Mojave. ... And it's so buggy and slow. Literally, almost clean system with the security update (from the above) - and deal with it. So frustrated there was no help from apple at all...

But, I found something. If anyone gets the same problem with app store - there is a solution. Install the ONYX app and clean the system registry automatically using the instruction in the video. It solved the Appstore problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JcU1NHr-II&ab_channel=tHeLoVeOfGOD

And thanks everybody who participated! Good luck!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2020 11:27 AM in response to Vegz78

Hello All!

Peeps, thanks for advices! Actually, yes, the security update not only broke the AppStore, My Macbook pro mid 2015 started to work so slowly... I though it was damaged forever. like, You try to open system preferences, or a finder - and the mac runs this command like 2 minutes and everything is hanging. And, I was using the ElCaptain with the lates security patches and wanted to check the Catalina. So upgraded - and all my applications stopped working. Ten I returned to the latest 32-bit version - Mojave. ... And it's so buggy and slow. Literally, almost clean system with the security update (from the above) - and deal with it. So frustrated there was no help from apple at all...

But, I found something. If anyone gets the same problem with app store - there is a solution. Install the ONYX app and clean the system registry automatically using the instruction in the video. It solved the Appstore problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JcU1NHr-II&ab_channel=tHeLoVeOfGOD

And thanks everybody who participated! Good luck!

Nov 13, 2020 5:43 AM in response to michael_1_1

Hi Michael,

I had the exact same problem haunting me after one of the last few system updates for Mojave.

I tried the following with no immediate effect:

1. Quitting app store, deleting all the contents of "$TMPDIR/../C/com.apple.appstore/" and restarting app store; https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/391725/app-store-on-mojave-we-could-not-complete-your-purchase-cancelled
  2. Signing out of iCloud, iTunes and app store, and re-signing in again
  3. Toggling my vpn connection for my Mac on the router/restarting the router

However, now my app store updates and purchase installations are suddenly working again. The last thing I did before it started working again was to restart my Mac multiple times(maybe as many as 10 times) from the login screen, some of the restarts I shut down the computer and removed the power supply for up to 10 seconds.

I am sorry that I have no idea which of the above actions actually had an effect, if any of them. But now, at least, my app store works again!

Br,

Vegard

Nov 20, 2020 2:21 AM in response to Vegz78

For what it's worth, it reoccured and in my case I have isolated this problem with App Store after the last Mojave security update down to a VPN issue. I can verify that App Store updates start working again whenever I either turn off the VPN or set the system time zone to the same as the VPN exit location.

How my virtual or physical location suddenly is of any business or concern to Apple/Mojave still remains an open question.

Erro installing and updating applications via AppStore Mojave 10.14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.