Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Mac App Store is saying "We could not complete your purchase."

I can't update or install apps in the App Store all of a sudden and get the error message "We could not complete your purchase" and it says "cancelled" under that.

Any ideas? It won't even update free apps that have available updates like slack. I have tried logging in and out of the App Store and tried logging out of icloud on the computer, too. Running Mojave 10.14.6

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 21, 2020 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2020 5:54 AM

Hello jcmcnamee,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you are unable to update or install apps as you are getting a message saying, "We could not complete your purchase." The following article has information on what to do in a situation like this:

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2020 5:54 AM in response to jcmcnamee

Hello jcmcnamee,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you are unable to update or install apps as you are getting a message saying, "We could not complete your purchase." The following article has information on what to do in a situation like this:

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Best Regards.

The Mac App Store is saying "We could not complete your purchase."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.