Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't receive or send messages from my iPad

I can no longer send or receive messages from my iPad. All settings in my iPad have been set. This is very annoying.

I just replaced my iPad with the 4th Generation - I had the iPad Pro 2, I was able to send and receive iMessages from both my iPhone or iPad. All settings on my iPad say send and receive, but whatever the device is where the response can be found. Before what was sent was on one message.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 10:57 AM

I presume your refer to Cellular SMS text messages to/from your iPad - upon which you rely upon your iPhone to act as the SMS message relay...

You must explicitly enable Text Message Forwarding for your iPad on your iPhone.

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

More information:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

Fault finding if needed:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2020 10:57 AM in response to Tonya5455

I presume your refer to Cellular SMS text messages to/from your iPad - upon which you rely upon your iPhone to act as the SMS message relay...

You must explicitly enable Text Message Forwarding for your iPad on your iPhone.

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

More information:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

Fault finding if needed:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I can't receive or send messages from my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.