Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photo back up to iCloud alway return, using sll iPhone storage

How in the world do I prevent over 50k of photos, most triplicates + from ending up back on my iPhone. It makes my phone virtually useless bc I am left without memory. And what is causing my photos to duplicate? Files as well. At this point I need therapy, bc there’s no way to manually delete what I’ve got.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 12:09 PM

You can choose to use iCloud to store the originals but doing so will also store a smaller footprint on the device (providing you're using the Optimize Phone Storage feature). Alternatively, you can offload the photos to a computer or external hard drive/device, or maybe even a third-party cloud storage option, e.g. Dropbox, Google Photos.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2020 12:09 PM in response to Tina McKee-Rizzo

You can choose to use iCloud to store the originals but doing so will also store a smaller footprint on the device (providing you're using the Optimize Phone Storage feature). Alternatively, you can offload the photos to a computer or external hard drive/device, or maybe even a third-party cloud storage option, e.g. Dropbox, Google Photos.

My photo back up to iCloud alway return, using sll iPhone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.