Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 Supplemental Update, macOS Catalina 10.15.7 Update causes very slow start of applications

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 Supplemental Update, macOS Catalina 10.15.7 Update causes very slow start of all applications.

Given permission to update my macOS Catalina as requested by Software Update, and now all Applications delay starting up much more than ever.

My Mac not very small at all. Mojave did not do that at all

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports); 2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7; 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3; Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

What is going on Apple?

That should not happen at all.

Any solution for that?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 12:38 PM

Surprise, Surprise.

After one whole day that left my Mac powered up to see reactions and be sure that I did not fail to diagnose, Surprise:

Fired most of my Applications, all legal, and found the Mac was behaving as quick as before.

Sounds that it took a gazillion rebuilding the "Spotlite Search".

What is really annoying from Apple is that they never ever document nothing at all.

Fact of life.

Best to everybody and stay safe.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2020 12:38 PM in response to ECDB_IPhoneXR

Surprise, Surprise.

After one whole day that left my Mac powered up to see reactions and be sure that I did not fail to diagnose, Surprise:

Fired most of my Applications, all legal, and found the Mac was behaving as quick as before.

Sounds that it took a gazillion rebuilding the "Spotlite Search".

What is really annoying from Apple is that they never ever document nothing at all.

Fact of life.

Best to everybody and stay safe.

Nov 13, 2020 12:49 PM in response to ECDB_IPhoneXR

And please please everybody, Never Ever update to a mayor Operating System Release, or even a minor update without Backing Up your Mac with a Backup Cloner Application. One supporting Catalina or the new Big Sur.

Will not provide marketing advice here. It's your job to document your self and choose the best you can.

Do not forget to choose the one that gives you the capability to build a Bootable Backup.

Time Machine does not fit the bill in that sense. You can't boot from your backup with that one.

By the way, Backup your Mac as frequently as you can. You can leave the Backup running during night, or pay a small fee license to have all capabilities enabled.

That's it.

Stay safe.

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 Supplemental Update, macOS Catalina 10.15.7 Update causes very slow start of applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.