Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur installation failed

Hello, I tried to download and install macOS Big Sur today on my 2017 MacBook Air, it started to download for a while but then it freezed, I restarted my MacBook, tried to download it again, it says installation failed with a yellow exclamation mark! I even factory reseted my MacBook and installed macOS Catalina again and tried to download Big Sur again but nothing changed. please help!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 7:22 PM

i think mine is on the last stage of installation and it froze I don’t know what to do, it was frozen for like 20 minutes. And then I called Apple and they said to wait since a lot of people are downloading Mac OS big sur at the same time. I’m going to wait another 30 minutes and if nothing works then I will call them back.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2020 7:22 PM in response to jameel228

i think mine is on the last stage of installation and it froze I don’t know what to do, it was frozen for like 20 minutes. And then I called Apple and they said to wait since a lot of people are downloading Mac OS big sur at the same time. I’m going to wait another 30 minutes and if nothing works then I will call them back.

Big Sur installation failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.