Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Card Applying

My credit score is over 720 but you didn’t approve for the apple card? Whyyyy??? Please.

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 5:46 PM

For anyone on a student visa with a very short or limited credit history in the USA, it is common for many banks to refuse to issue credit cards. Goldman Sachs can refuse anyone’s application and they don’t have to be very forthcoming as to why. But regardless of credit score, it may be in part the length of time and amount of data the credit score is based on, or the length of time you’ve been gainfully employed in the USA.

What for your letter and see if it offers a path forward with additional information you could provide to change their minds.

And have you checked your USA credit report to see if it has any outright errors? The credit bureaus don’t do anything in terms of verifying or correcting the information in your file unless alerted to do so by you. I once had multiple SSN’s assigned to one of my reports (I think it was Experian), and that simple and easily sanity checked bit of information had not raised any flags in their system until I contacted them about it. They simply don’t sanity or error check the data they have on you. It’s also why ever since, my reports are permanently frozen with all 4 bureaus.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0155-free-credit-reports

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2020 5:46 PM in response to nyanphyoaung

For anyone on a student visa with a very short or limited credit history in the USA, it is common for many banks to refuse to issue credit cards. Goldman Sachs can refuse anyone’s application and they don’t have to be very forthcoming as to why. But regardless of credit score, it may be in part the length of time and amount of data the credit score is based on, or the length of time you’ve been gainfully employed in the USA.

What for your letter and see if it offers a path forward with additional information you could provide to change their minds.

And have you checked your USA credit report to see if it has any outright errors? The credit bureaus don’t do anything in terms of verifying or correcting the information in your file unless alerted to do so by you. I once had multiple SSN’s assigned to one of my reports (I think it was Experian), and that simple and easily sanity checked bit of information had not raised any flags in their system until I contacted them about it. They simply don’t sanity or error check the data they have on you. It’s also why ever since, my reports are permanently frozen with all 4 bureaus.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0155-free-credit-reports

Nov 12, 2020 6:22 PM in response to nyanphyoaung

Depending on what your letter says, remember every bureau owes you one complete, and completely free, report annually so you check it through the FTC’s free credit report site.

Goldman Sachs uses primarily TransUnion for the Apple Card credit check, but that doesn’t rule out them also looking at the other bureaus records, especially if your credit record history is not long.

Apple Card Applying

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.