Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unwanted Spam/Fishing from emails

Can we add a feature that blocks email to text?

I get spammed several times a day. My best friend does too. I saw another person does too. Everyone in my text chain is fed up with the spam.

Apple is known for protecting their users. This Would be a great feature to protect their users. Blocking non contacts is useful, but it also hurts our ability to network and make new friends.

Here is an excerpt from another Apple user with the same issue:

“I'm getting spam text messages that show an email address as the source. Is there a way to block all messages that come from email addresses? The send button is green, so the source of the text message is not using iMessage, it looks like.”

“Yeah. I don't know the reason, but the "MESSAGE FILTERING" only has the option "Filter Unknown Senders" and not "Unknown & Spam" for me. I wonder if there is a setting somewhere that is causing this difference in my iPhone. I have the latest iOS version.”

iPhone 6, iOS 10

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 9:35 AM

Suggestions to Apple go here, www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Similar questions

1 reply

Unwanted Spam/Fishing from emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.