Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

URGENT: 20+ Spam Group Texts/day

When is Apple going to fix spam iMessages be being produced by email addresses? It’s getting to the point where my phone is unusable. I get spam messages from email addresses grouped in sequential phone numbers with no way to mark as spam.

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 1:05 PM

Good news! It turns out AT&T can block MMS from email addresses from their end you just have to call them. Hopefully this doesn’t interfere with any two-factor authentication processes… will update if I have further issues

Similar questions

7 replies

Jan 30, 2022 7:53 AM in response to mattgaskamp

There is nothing that Apple CAN fix; as big as Apple is, it can’t solve societal problems. Legally, anyone can send you any text at any time, either a single text or a group text. Apple can’t stop people from sending texts to you. However, you can go to Settings/Messages/Unknown & Spam and enable Filter Unknown Senders. You can also add a filtering app that will move SMS messages to separate lists. If you do these 2 steps this is what your Messages Filtering screen will look like:

Jan 30, 2022 9:44 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I’ve done that but I’m getting texts from EMAIL iMessage accounts?? If I didn’t have an iPhone I would not be getting these texts. This is very very much an apple problem. I appreciate you’re response but my understanding is that you are incorrect. I will disable iMessage and see if this prevents me from being in these group chats.

Jan 30, 2022 3:07 PM in response to mattgaskamp

There was an interesting addition to that as well that allows the AT&T customer to report the SPAM like you do a regular telephone number spam text. See this link. Click on the work link in the last sentence. I did it that way because the link to the article was so long. This means that you can do it for individual messages. However, it is only for SMS, and not iMessage. iMessage spam is not generally sent via email, but the iPhone provides you the ability to block an email.

URGENT: 20+ Spam Group Texts/day

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.