Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

big sur does not allow me to give permission for apps to open

Hi all,

I installed Big Sur and now I am trying to open Bluestacks and it need permission to open. In the settings & privacy I usually click open and it is fine. With Big Sur the open button is not showing and Bluestacks just shuts down.

How can I get the open button to appear? I am using dark mode and a Macbook pro of late 2017.

This is the only app this has happened with. The rest seem ok and installed with out asking m to give permission.

TIA

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 2:35 PM

Hi,

I just checked their website again... and you can!

This is the link... just click on the "download latest version" button.

https://support.bluestacks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053434311-How-to-use-BlueStacks-on-MacOS-11-Big-Sur

Similar questions

9 replies

Nov 13, 2020 9:58 AM in response to Unleashed

Unleashed wrote:

Hi all,

I installed Big Sur and now I am trying to open Bluestacks and it need permission to open. In the settings & privacy I usually click open and it is fine. With Big Sur the open button is not showing and Bluestacks just shuts down.

How can I get the open button to appear? I am using dark mode and a Macbook pro of late 2017.

This is the only app this has happened with. The rest seem ok and installed with out asking m to give permission.

TIA

You can hold the Control key and click

Safely open apps on your Mac - Apple Support

Nov 27, 2020 1:43 AM in response to Unleashed

Hi,

After doing a bit of research on the Bluestacks website, I have found out that Bluestacks is not yet compatible with Big Sur.

NOTE: BlueStacks for MacOS is currently not supported on Mac® OS 11.0 (Big Sur). <- This is what I found

Here is the BlueStacks Support page I got this info from:

https://support.bluestacks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047793232-What-to-do-if-you-re-unable-to-give-BlueStacks-permission-to-run-on-MacOS-

We will just have to wait until a new update (I had the same problem)

big sur does not allow me to give permission for apps to open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.