Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving icons around on Home Screen

I had two game icons on my Home Screen that I wanted to switch positions. I held my finger down on one and when the “edit Home Screen” prompt came up I selected that. When the icon began to “wiggle”, I attempted to switch it with another right next to it, but instead of merely changing places, they both wound up in a larger screen labeled “Games”, and now I can’t get either one back to my Home Screen, which is where I want them. As is probably apparent from my question, I’m pretty ignorant about these things, so whatever suggestions I receive need to be in as simple terms as possible. Help please! Thanks

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 4:17 PM

Go to edit home screen again.

Tap on the games "folder" (if you like) and it will open showing the contents. You can then drag one of the icons out onto your home screen again. Generally if you drop one icon on top of another it will create a folder like this. When you want to move the icons try to position them in between two others, and wait unil the nearby ones move out of the way before letting go.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2020 4:17 PM in response to Annie70gus68

Go to edit home screen again.

Tap on the games "folder" (if you like) and it will open showing the contents. You can then drag one of the icons out onto your home screen again. Generally if you drop one icon on top of another it will create a folder like this. When you want to move the icons try to position them in between two others, and wait unil the nearby ones move out of the way before letting go.

Moving icons around on Home Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.