You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto launch audio app off and still work

I turned off auto-launch audio apps (settings-general-wake screen-auto launch audio app) but it is still mirroring the iphone and showing what im streaming on my iphone. I tried switching that on and off and restarting my watch bur keeps happening. Any ideas?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 5:04 PM

3 replies

Nov 20, 2020 12:05 PM in response to Desilett

Hi Desilett,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today disabling Auto-Launch Audio Apps on your Apple Watch.

It sounds like you did this correctly on your Watch. Where did you go on your iPhone? Watch App > General > Wake Screen? If its off there, try toggling the switch.

Did you restart the iPhone too?

Are both devices updated to the most current updates?

If the issue is still happening, try unpairing the Watch and iPhone and set them up again: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch.

Let us know how it goes.

Have a fantastic day!

Auto launch audio app off and still work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.