📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to record/save voicemail

How does one record a voicemail message? I googled this and all I get are articles on how to do this in Android or how to record a greeting. I am not asking about recording a greeting. I want to record a message which was left for me and save it in some form where I can replay it, such as a voice memo. How do you do this? Why is it not obvious how to do this? iPhone XR using iOS 14.1

iPhone XR

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 5:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 5:03 PM

No. What I am asking about is how can I save a voicemail message to a voice memo file and then perhaps save it to some sort of audio file, like .mp3.

5 replies

Nov 21, 2020 6:32 AM in response to sterling r

My iPhone (XR running latest iOS) does not list/show the voicemail messages. All I have is a screen that has an option to get voicemail messages. When I select that it dials into my cellular provider and I have the option to listen, delete, and save the messages, but they are only saved on the cellular provider's system -- not on my phone, and the only way I can get back to a saved message later is to dial in to retrieve the messages again. see screen capture below.

Nov 20, 2020 8:29 PM in response to Wet Baloney

Thanks for getting back to us Wet Baloney,

To save a voicemail message as a voice memo, tap Phone > Voicemail, then tap the message you're looking to save, followed by the share icon.

You can then choose Voice Memos to save the message as a voice memo, or you can save it to Files. The article from our last message provides some additional information.

Take care!

Nov 23, 2020 6:01 AM in response to Wet Baloney

We really appreciate you bringing us up to speed on what you're seeing Wet Baloney,

So you have access to the options available for saving a voicemail message as a voice memo, we'll want to get visual voicemail working for you.

The following page explains how to set up Visual Voicemail on your iPhone: Set up Visual Voicemail on your iPhone

Let us know whether after completing Visual Voicemail setup, you're able to complete the steps we provided previously for saving a voicemail message.

Cheers!

how to record/save voicemail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.