Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage Login Loop

Since updating to Big Sur, I have had problems logging into iMessage and FaceTime. I also have had similar problems with the App Store since Catalina.

On iMessage, it lets me log in but logs me out 10 seconds after opening. I also can't access Preferences. I have restarted my computer (several times) and signed out of my Apple ID, but nothing changed.

On FaceTime, it doesn't let me login at all. It just loads then asks me to login again.

I have had similar problems with getting updates on the App Store since Catalina though the problem has changed slightly. On Catalina, when I tried to update iMovie for example, it asked me to sign in to the iTunes Store with my Apple ID (though I was already logged in), then told me to sign in over and over without doing anything. On Big Sur, I am logged in and push the button to update. Then it asks me to sign into the iTunes Store with my Apple ID, giving me a text box to do so. I do, then it says, "Sign in to the iTunes Store" with no text box and gives me the two options, "Cancel" and "Download." Clicking download, the same request pops up. After 4 times of this, it just does nothing.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 8:57 PM

3 replies

Nov 16, 2020 12:29 AM in response to The_good_usernames_were_taken

Exactly the same thing is happening to me. I chatted with an Apple Advisor and she wasn't able to solve my problem, so I scheduled a call, but they just said they didn't hear me well enough and didn't solve my problem. I scheduled another call, but nobody called me back.

The funny part is the fact that I can still log into Messages/Facetime using another Apple ID. So it must be an Apple ID problem. However, it works for other stuff like iCloud / Mac Apple ID and as you can see I can still use it to authorise on this website. Crazy! How do we solve it? I do need both Messages and FaceTime on my Mac.

iMessage Login Loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.