Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health app permissions to other apps all missing since upgrade

I just upgraded to iPhone 12 from an iPhone X and set up the new phone from an iCloud back up. Now none of my health apps that I used have any permissions to read or write data work properly. The section is just blank and opening the particular apps doesn’t give me a new request to “allow” health data linking (or it states that it’s already linked).

this screenshot shows the permissions for the Noom app but it’s not just that app that is affected. All of my health related apps have lost their permissions.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 2:14 AM

3 replies

Nov 21, 2020 8:42 AM in response to Aliidra

Hi there, Aliidra! Thank you for posting your situation to the Apple Support Communities. We know that managing your app permissions is important, so we can understand why you are reaching out for support. We’re happy to help you find a solution!

As it turns out, you’ll want to manage your health data and information from other apps directly from the Health app on your device. The following Apple Support article has more information on this topic, and should help you continue from here: 

Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch

We hope that this information helps you find a solution. 

Cheers! 

Nov 21, 2020 3:06 PM in response to MoonJ.

no this didn’t help. The screenshot I showed above was from the health app which showed the page completely blank for the app I was trying to change the permissions for.

This problem applies to many apps and the only way to fix the issue that I’ve found so far is to completely delete the app (and all it’s saved data) and reinstall fresh.

this is the only way to force the health app to “ask” for permissions again.

This is obviously undesirable for many apps that I would like to keep the saved data for. It’s a shame in this day and age this sort of issue is occurring

Nov 22, 2020 7:05 AM in response to Aliidra

Thank you for the follow up message, Aliidra. We understand that reinstalling the app will resolve the issue. As a workaround, you may want to attempt reinstalling the app without erasing the app's data. You can do this by offloading the app before installing it again.

To offload an app, open the Settings app. Tap General, then tap iPhone Storage. Tap the affected app, then tap Offload app. Tap Offload app again. Wait a moment for the app to offload, then tap Reinstall App.

We hope this step provides you with a solution. Please let us know what you find out!

Cheers.

Health app permissions to other apps all missing since upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.