Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete apple health data on one device but leave it on others?

I have an old iPhone 5s that I want to use only for music and audiobooks. I realize that Apple will not permit me to delete the health app from this device, which would be the ideal solution. But, can I delete all data from the health app on this device and stop using the app on this device, but still retain the app and full functionality on my primary iPhone? If so, how? Thank you!

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 12:28 PM

You can turn off Health in iCloud settings on your iPhone 5s before deleting your data.

Tap your name at the top of settings, then tap iCloud and scroll down to Health and turn it off. You'll then be prompted to keep or delete your Health data from your device.

2 replies

Mar 19, 2023 12:23 PM in response to bobio

Current versions of iOS permit deleting Health app:

Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home Screen on your iOS 14 or later or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Current versions of Health app also have a data delete function…

Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch - Apple Support

I don’t have a device running iOS 6 handy to check how far back any of this goes.

But… If you factory reset the iPhone and don’t restore a backup, and don’t enable iCloud usage for Health app, then there won’t be any health data on the device.

How to factory reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to delete apple health data on one device but leave it on others?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.