Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft onedrive not working with Big Sur

Anyone having issues running OneDrive with Big Sur?

Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't seem to fix anything.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Don

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 4:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 5:02 AM

Have you verified if OneDrive is a 64 bit App for 32 bit app. I don't use OneDrive and have zero knowledge of it. If it is 32 bit app it will not function. Neither Catalina nor Big Sur support 32 bit Apps.

22 replies

Nov 18, 2020 12:18 PM in response to Dcapp3

Open the MS Autoupdate app through Spotlight, or you can open an app like Outlook and click Help > Check for Updates.

Click Advanced and select the update channel you wish to join. It will take a bit to process on the back end. You can open the Autoupdate app again, and manually check for updates--which should show you the insider channel releases that are available.

Nov 27, 2020 10:36 AM in response to Dcapp3

I face the same problem! On MacBook Pro 16 inch ... first I upgraded to Big sur from OSX Catalina and it really slowed down my system.

I read on some forums and decided to do a clean install. Post that once I downloaded my M365 app... OneDrive is taking way too long to sync and some files don’t seem to sync. Also I have noticed that the system frequently becomes unresponsive!

other apps seem to work ok. How do I resolve this? Have reinstalled the OneDrive app and I am currently using the beta m365 apps.

let me know. This is a pain!

Jan 1, 2021 2:28 PM in response to arizonadonn

Just installed new system and bought Microsoft Office 2019 business edition.

For a while it was not possible to add an attachment to an email in Outlook except via drag and drop. Using the paper clip method said the file could not be saved (no idea why it says that).

After a couple of hours it worked.

However, it is not possible to add an image into Twitter using the icon. It says file can't be loaded.

It works if the image is in iCloud, or in a folder other than OneDrive.

It seems there is a problem with OneDrive.

All files are on the laptop, so it isn't a case that the files are not there.

Jan 13, 2021 9:16 AM in response to arizonadonn

Sorry to hear it's not working. I installed mine through the Office 356 installer from the MS website.

If You have the App Store version instead, maybe give the Microsoft version a chance?

This version wasn't without glitches, but they vanished. Initially, OneDrive would run, but mostly beachball for hours and not react to me clicking on it. I guess it did some Microsoftish things with my 200 GB or so. The next day, and surely after a restart or two, it would sync, and run without problems. Has been running smoothly for almost three weeks now.

Microsoft onedrive not working with Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.