Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to open 2 onedrive (Personal and business) at the same time after Big Sur 11.6

Since Big Sur 11.6 update, one drive is only opened for either personal or business, both are not working together as it used to be.

Also I have removed onedrive and re installed it many times, same issue (I even tried the onedrive on Microsoft website and the onedrive on App store of Mac)

any thoughts?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2021 12:19 AM

Dear Khaled, I've just updated Onedrive for Mac app to version 21.160.0916.0005. By removing the old one and open the onedrive app, first there was no change. But what I did: 1. unlink my account (personal). Added my business account. 3. selected the folders which I needed. 4. added personal account at last. And worked as before. No problem since.

hope this helps.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2021 12:19 AM in response to KhaledAli1001

Dear Khaled, I've just updated Onedrive for Mac app to version 21.160.0916.0005. By removing the old one and open the onedrive app, first there was no change. But what I did: 1. unlink my account (personal). Added my business account. 3. selected the folders which I needed. 4. added personal account at last. And worked as before. No problem since.

hope this helps.

Sep 16, 2021 1:34 AM in response to dt113

UPDATE on previous response:

Below the response from MS support-they're still working on it but have given a temporary fix or work around and asked to try. This is NOT a permanent fix. They allow me to share but would appreciate feedback from anyone trying it out. The more feedback, the more likely a permanent fix can be found.

Sep 15, 2021 1:38 AM in response to KhaledAli1001

Same issue here. Very unprofessional to roll out an update without any consideration or testing with regards to cloud services. For that reason don't expect Apple to do anything about it-they will be pointing the finger at MS. Best option tmo is to go through the help section in the OneDrive app and let them know about the issue. Normally they are reasonable quick coming back to you. Doesn't take away that it's ridiculous that you will have to downgrade to be able to work normally!

unable to open 2 onedrive (Personal and business) at the same time after Big Sur 11.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.