Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with VMware Fusion mouse not working since new Update. On both my iMac !

Hi

I have 2 iMac 27inch and both have the latest VMware 12 upgrade both running windows 10 both my iMac has had recent updates from Apple. Today I have loaded both my iMac VMware to check everything is good and to make sure windows are all up to date.

PROBLEM: On both computers, windows loads up fine. However, I am unable to use my mouse. The icon shows and moves around the screen but I am unable to click on any windows desktop icons and I am unable to right-click option on the mouse to work. 

• I can move the mouse to the top of the screen and select the menu to restart, shut down e.c.t. I have checked my iMac System Preferences - Security & Privacy. I cannot seem how to resolve my problem
  • I tried using back up restore Snapshot down 7 days ago but still no joy 

Can anyone please help? 

Thank you for your help in advance: iMac is running macOS Big Sur version 11.0.1

I am also unable to use BlueStack since the update

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 7:49 AM

Hi

I have managed to resolve my problem by doing the following steps below

Have you quit VMware Fusion and re-open it after you checked the accessibility option? Can you try with the following steps and see if it help:

1) Close all running VMs and quit Fusion.

2) Open System Preferences==>Security & Privacy==>Privacy==>Accessibility, remove VMware Fusion and re-add it into the list.

3) Launch VMware Fusion, run Windows 10 VM. 

I hope this helps others

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 7:49 AM in response to dialabrain

Hi

I have managed to resolve my problem by doing the following steps below

Have you quit VMware Fusion and re-open it after you checked the accessibility option? Can you try with the following steps and see if it help:

1) Close all running VMs and quit Fusion.

2) Open System Preferences==>Security & Privacy==>Privacy==>Accessibility, remove VMware Fusion and re-add it into the list.

3) Launch VMware Fusion, run Windows 10 VM. 

I hope this helps others

Nov 14, 2020 8:08 AM in response to 24bit_192khz_Music

24bit_192khz_Music wrote:

Hi
I have 2 iMac 27inch and both have the latest VMware 12 upgrade both running windows 10 both my iMac has had recent updates from Apple. Today I have loaded both my iMac VMware to check everything is good and to make sure windows are all up to date.
PROBLEM• : On both computers, windows loads up fine. However, I am unable to use my mouse. The icon shows and moves around the screen but I am unable to click on any windows desktop icons and I am unable to right-click option on the mouse to work. 
I can move the mouse to the top of the screen and select the menu to restart, shut down e.c.t. I have checked my iMac System Preferences - Security & Privacy. I cannot seem how to resolve my problem
• I tried using back up restore Snapshot down 7 days ago but still no joy 
Can anyone please help? 

Thank you for your help in advance: iMac is running macOS Big Sur version 11.0.1

I am also unable to use BlueStack since the update

Update your third party software to be compatible or seek Developer support for your app.

The basics would be reboot, Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

Nov 15, 2020 4:58 AM in response to Paul Conaway

Hi,

Yes i have checked both VMware and other forum sites. People are having issues since the update.

I have 2 computers and both worked well before the update and both now not working since the latest iMac updates.

I tried Nvram resetting, but had no good. I have asked VMware via email to contact me as soon as they can and see if they can remote in and check out there side just in case. Hope to have this resolve soon as i use windows 10 for work .

Thank you for your help with the reset option.

Dec 3, 2020 7:26 AM in response to 24bit_192khz_Music

I have tried the solution here, but it is not working for me. I'm running the latest VMWare 12.1.0 on the latest Big Sur release (11.0.1), and as soon as my VM comes up, the mouse and keyboard do not function. Mac OS X in the virtualization brings up the Bluetooth Keyboard Setup because it is not finding a keyboard. I tried shutting down, deleting and adding VMWare Fusion under Security->Accessibility many times, adding a new keyboard and mouse config in the VMWare preferences, rebooting, trying a different VM (Windows 10)... Nothing works. Anybody?

Problems with VMware Fusion mouse not working since new Update. On both my iMac !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.