Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring pictures from Iphone11pro to mac the screen on Mac keeps continuously flashing

My Mac is completely updated with Big Sur, my Iphone as well as is updated with iOS14.2 . When I try to transfer pictures from Iphone to Mac via USB the screen in Mac keeps continuously flashing. Please, someone could help me with this issue.

I have done it before with Mojave and didn't have any problem and now it is crazy.

Thank you all in advance.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 9:37 AM

Dear chuck_3rd,  after so many hours trying to transfer my pictures with USB cable from Iphone 11 Pro to Mac updated macOs Big Sur, finally I found out the following: 

1- Iphone must be charged completely 

2- apparently pictures in Iphone edited with some Apps of 3rd parties do not transfer. The pictures must be reverted to original before transferring. 

Thank you for the help!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2020 9:37 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Dear chuck_3rd,  after so many hours trying to transfer my pictures with USB cable from Iphone 11 Pro to Mac updated macOs Big Sur, finally I found out the following: 

2- apparently pictures in Iphone edited with some Apps of 3rd parties do not transfer. The pictures must be reverted to original before transferring. 

Thank you for the help!

Nov 21, 2020 2:08 PM in response to vively

Hi Vively,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. From our understanding, the screen on your Mac is flickering when you attempt to transfer your photos from your iPhone, do we have that right? Does it do this when you are performing any other tasks? Have you restarted your Mac since noticing this issue?

Log out, sleep, wake, restart or shut down your Mac

Does this continue after you Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac? You can also reset the SMC: How to reset the SMC of your Mac

Hope this help!

Nov 22, 2020 11:57 AM in response to vively

Vively,

Thank you for that information. Did you have the opportunity to try the SMC and NVRAM reset as well? Does it still continue? Do you have any external devices connected to your Mac besides your iPhone? Does it continue after removing those? Do you have a back up of your Mac's data? If not, you can Back up your Mac with Time Machine and then reinstall the macOS.

How to reinstall macOS.

If this continues after following that step, you may want to reach out to Apple Support for possible repair options. You may be able to reach them here: Get Support

Nov 22, 2020 7:18 AM in response to Trish313

Dear Trish,

Yes, it is right, when I open photos and my iPhone is connected to the Mac to transfer pictures, I have the screen in Photos Mac flickering all the time saying "Preparing to import from "....." Iphone. After it, flickers the other message " unlock "..." Iphone. But nothing happens only these 2 messages flashing all the time the iPhone is connect with the computer.

While my Iphone is completely unlocked. I also unlocked my phone manually and not by face recognition.

Mac is already shut down, restarted, updated and the problem continues.

Mac is updated MacOS Big Sur version 11.01

What I remember soon after the uptakes 11.01 the transfer worked well , and now the flashes continues again.

Thank you so much!

Nov 22, 2020 5:26 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Dear Chuck_3rd,

Thank you for your help! Yes, I did SMC and NVRAM and nothing different happened, the flashing continued. I don't have any other connection with Mac, just Iphone when I want to transfer pictures.

Something weird happened, I charged the phone completely and tried again to transfer pictures. After it I didn't have any flashing, I transferred 3 pictures to test. It worked. Suddenly I noticed that I didn't have some pictures transferred yet, so I connected again the phone, no flashing, after selecting the pictures no transfer happened. It was about 67 pictures, I did it 3 times and no transfer at all!! Then I tried just one picture and it worked. For sure it is letting me mad!

Now apparently I have other type of problem.

Nov 23, 2020 9:35 AM in response to vively

Dear friends,  after so many hours trying to transfer my pictures with USB cable from Iphone 11 Pro to Mac updated macOs Big Sur, finally I found out the following: 

2- apparently pictures in Iphone edited with some Apps of third parties do not transfer. The pictures must be reverted to original before transferring. 

Thank you all!

Nov 23, 2020 9:40 AM in response to Trish313

Dear Trish313, after so many hours trying to transfer my pictures with USB cable from Iphone 11 Pro to Mac updated macOs Big Sur, finally I found out the following: 

Thank you for your help!

Transferring pictures from Iphone11pro to mac the screen on Mac keeps continuously flashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.