Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resizing photos in Big Sur Preview broken

I have installed Big Sur MacOS 11 and now the resize option in Preview does not work. The options are there and I drag the toggle across to a smaller file size but the file size stays the same and saves no smaller. This behaviour is identical in the Save As function and in the Adjust Size function. Is this broken or is Apple messing with every created and blogger trying to down size photos?

MacBook

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 9:24 AM

LutherP wrote:

I have installed Big Sur MacOS 11 and now the resize option in Preview does not work. The options are there and I drag the toggle across to a smaller file size but the file size stays the same and saves no smaller. This behaviour is identical in the Save As function and in the Adjust Size function. Is this broken or is Apple messing with every created and blogger trying to down size photos?

Resize, rotate, or flip an image in Preview on Mac - Apple ...

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2020 9:24 AM in response to LutherP

LutherP wrote:

Resize, rotate, or flip an image in Preview on Mac - Apple ...

Dec 26, 2020 9:11 AM in response to LutherP

I am not having an issue resizing. Adjust Size works just fine, however, Finder does not update the file size info for the image icon. It seems to stay the original size until the system is rebooted or Finder is relaunched. Have you tried opening the resized image in another program to verify?

I came across this post in search for another Preview size adjustment issue. When I resize an image, it saves fine, but during the saving process, it creates a "document" file the same size as the image file. This document file does not self remove and I am being forced to trash them. I am assuming it's some sort of data backup of the image, but this never happened in Mojave.

Resizing photos in Big Sur Preview broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.