Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security Update 2020-006 failed my MacBook Pro

After downloading and installing this security update my MacBook Pro would not boot up. I tried multiple times and kept getting the message "Apple.com/support 2005D" The MacBook seems to be working ok after I ran Disk Utility on the hard drive, but Software Update indicates that the update was not installed.

I don't want to go through this hassle again without some reason to think it will work.

This is the third Security Update in the last year that has caused me trouble.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 12:43 PM

Hello JohnMRP,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having trouble installing Security Update 2020-006. Having the ability to download the latest security update on your Mac is certainly important. We're happy to help. You've tried some great steps. Are you using a network firewall? One option to install the update is using safe mode. A backup is recommended before you update to secure your data.

Check out the following support article:

Back up your Mac

Start up your Mac in safe mode

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2020 12:43 PM in response to JohnMRP

Hello JohnMRP,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having trouble installing Security Update 2020-006. Having the ability to download the latest security update on your Mac is certainly important. We're happy to help. You've tried some great steps. Are you using a network firewall? One option to install the update is using safe mode. A backup is recommended before you update to secure your data.

Check out the following support article:

Back up your Mac

Start up your Mac in safe mode

Cheers!

Security Update 2020-006 failed my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.