Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Deskjet 970 Cse printer does not work with big sur

After installing big sur my printer no longer works. The print queue shows it is not connected. It worked without any problems before I installed big sur. How do I fix this?

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2020 2:18 PM

Mustafafromnc,

Thanks for the update. If you're continuing to have issues at this point, we'd suggest deleting the printer and adding it back again. For help with doing so, check out:

Add a printer on Mac

We hope this information helps get you back to printing again soon.

Take care!

5 replies

Nov 22, 2020 12:45 PM in response to Joseph_S.

I reviewed the resource you pointed to but my problem is still not solved. When I go to System Information and click on USB, the printer name appears in the hardware list but it still does not work. When I click on 'System Preferences -> Printers and scanner' it shows my printer is idle. I checked all the connections and they are fine. Before installing big sur, as soon as I connected the printer with the USB cable, the printer immediately responded by making a sound of movement and started printing. This no longer happens. The printer does not make any noise and the printer status is always idle. The print queue is also empty. Any other suggestions on how to fix this?

HP Deskjet 970 Cse printer does not work with big sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.