Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i accidentally change the settings safari experimental webkit feutures on ipad ios14.2 can someone help me

default safari experimental webkit feutures on ipad

ios14.2?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 9:01 PM

4 replies

Nov 22, 2020 2:52 PM in response to ahmadi209

Hello Ahmadi209,

We would like to see we can help you with those settings on your iPad. You will need to reset the device settings back to their defaults. Keep in mind this will revert all settings that you've customized or changed (including things like your Wallpaper and alarms). This means you may need to reconfigure some of those settings including network settings (so be sure you have your Wi-Fi password handy). Before we do this step, it’s always a good idea to be sure you have a recent backup of your device. You can learn more about backing up your data and settings here: About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch 

When you’re ready let’s go to Settings > General > Reset and choose "Reset All Settings." Let us know how that goes.

Cheers!

Dec 20, 2020 4:11 PM in response to LotusPilot

Can your iPad Safari iOS 14.2 Experimental WebKit Features from your screenshot be applied to an iPhone 11 Pro Max Safari iOS 14.2 Experimental WebKit Features?

I was on my iPhone 11 Pro Max, Safari iOS 14.2 and chose to start an endeavor that ended up being a burden. I was attempting opt-out of advertising companies’ cookies — that track you through information you are not supposed to know they are using and selling — through optout.aboutads.com. 

In order to use the opt-out utility I had to turnoff all of my cookie filters. When I attempted to opt-out of all 132 companies I kept getting an error message from the utility. 

Dec 20, 2020 4:12 PM in response to mediagal4890

In order to use the opt-out utility I had to turnoff all of my cookie filters. When I attempted to opt-out of all 132 companies I kept getting an error message from the utility. 

I followed the directions on help site and ended up in the Experimental WebKit Features folder where (I know better than to change anything in this folder; and I also know to take a screenshot of the settings) I changed one setting — I think — and I of course told myself to remember the change I made. But of course I did not remember the change that I made. the am using iOS 14.2 Safari my iPhone 11 Pro Max. 

i accidentally change the settings safari experimental webkit feutures on ipad ios14.2 can someone help me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.