Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone found a solution for Resound hearing aids and iPhone 12?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 6:52 AM

twfsr ~ "Apple is aware of this issue and will provide a fix in a future software update." Source:

If your Made for iPhone hearing device has sound quality issues when connected to an iPhone 12 model

...Also:

"I have been in contact with Apple and they said they are getting closer to a fix. Until then I was told to go into settings - accessibility - Hearing Devices - top item, MFI hearing devices - Uncheck “Stream to left hearing device”. Do this until we get an update fix. I have not had the static noise since I did this. You will only hear with your right hearing aid until it is fixed." [Source]

õ¿õ¬

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2020 6:52 AM in response to twfsr

twfsr ~ "Apple is aware of this issue and will provide a fix in a future software update." Source:

If your Made for iPhone hearing device has sound quality issues when connected to an iPhone 12 model

...Also:

"I have been in contact with Apple and they said they are getting closer to a fix. Until then I was told to go into settings - accessibility - Hearing Devices - top item, MFI hearing devices - Uncheck “Stream to left hearing device”. Do this until we get an update fix. I have not had the static noise since I did this. You will only hear with your right hearing aid until it is fixed." [Source]

õ¿õ¬

Nov 16, 2020 10:11 AM in response to twfsr

I am having an issue with what I assume your reffering to, that is, streaming. My aids will not stay connected on left or right (random) channels. Signal drops out right away. One or the other side. I've called resound about it, and they gave me Apple's accessability phone number (877 204-3930)

Call them to report what problem you have. I have a pair of Starkeys that stream just fine. Don't let Resound keep saying it is an Apple problem. Also, my Ipad 2 works fine with my resound aids.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.