Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green dot on iPhone 12 screen

i got a new iPhone 12 a week ago and I noticed a small green speck on the screen the day after I got it. The phone has not been dropped since getting it. It looks to be under the screen. Any advice on how to address it would be appreciated

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 5:45 AM

1 reply

Nov 23, 2020 5:18 AM in response to Rachael_O

Hi there, Rachael_O.

Congratulations on your new iPhone 12!

It appears that you're seeing a strange green dot at the top of the screen of your iPhone. You're wondering what it is, and we're glad to help with this.

Status icons and symbols on your iPhone - Apple Support -- Scroll down to "If you see orange or green indicators in the status bar" lower in this article. The green indicator means that either the camera or the camera and microphone are being used by an application on your phone.

iPhone User Guide - Apple Support -- Since there’s many new features with your iPhone and iOS 14, we’ve included the iPhone User Guide for more information.

Feel free to get back to us with any questions or problems you may have.

Take care.

Green dot on iPhone 12 screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.