Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Raw Images using Photos app

How to sort, export, and remove raw images from photos app library?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 6:30 AM

10 replies

Nov 15, 2020 8:18 AM in response to Keith Barkley

Thanks for the reply, Keith. I have NEF (Nikon Raw) mixed with JPEGs in the same library. They are not jpeg/raw pairs, they are unique files. I inadvertently imported the RAW files from my SD card from my camera. I want/use separate Photos App Libraries for RAW and JPEGs. My defaults (system) library is for JPEGs, which has about 30,000 photos with about 1,200 are NEF files. They are all organized in separate folders and albums, by years and events. I would like a quick/easy way of "selecting" the NEF files from all of the folders and albums, and moving them to a separate folder/album or better yet, exporting then deleting them from the my JPEG library.

Thanks!

Paul

Nov 16, 2020 11:32 AM in response to PaulIrving

PaulIrving wrote:

Hello Terence:

Thanks for the reply, but if this is true, then why is there an option delete the photos after importing from my iPhone? This seems a little odd?

As a rule of thumb, if a question begins with 'why' on here then you need to be asking Apple not ordinary mortals. It's equally unwise, and a lesson I learned the hard way many years ago.

Raw Images using Photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.