delete RAW photo version

I'd really like to just delete the RAW photo from a RAW+JPEG pair. Some photos are important and for those I'd like to keep the RAW version; but I have many that are not important and the JPEG alone is just fine. Please, how can I do this? Exporting and re-importing (and losing the ability to change edits) is not a solution for me!

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jul 8, 2023 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 3:53 AM

Exporting and reimporting only the JPEG is the only possibility to remove the RAW file from the pair.

Do it before you have applied any adjustments to the photo.

Otherwise you would have to copy and paste the adjustments to a different photo to save them before you export and then delete the RAW + JPEG pair (import a dummy photo for this purpose), Then copy and paste the saved adjustments from the dummy to the reimported JPEG. The pair has to be removed from Recently deleted before you reimport only the component you want to keep.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2023 3:53 AM in response to fredsig

Exporting and reimporting only the JPEG is the only possibility to remove the RAW file from the pair.

Do it before you have applied any adjustments to the photo.

Otherwise you would have to copy and paste the adjustments to a different photo to save them before you export and then delete the RAW + JPEG pair (import a dummy photo for this purpose), Then copy and paste the saved adjustments from the dummy to the reimported JPEG. The pair has to be removed from Recently deleted before you reimport only the component you want to keep.

delete RAW photo version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.