Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 3 screen intermittently doesn’t respond

Sometimes my iPad doesn’t respond to touch. I have to go in and out of the application to “jog” it. Sometimes I restart. Anyone else have this issue? My iPad was purchased in July 2020.

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 9:13 AM

3 replies

Nov 23, 2020 10:23 AM in response to fairsmith

Hello fairsmith,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities, and we understand there are some issues with the screen not working intermittently. We'll do what we can to help.

These steps might help: If the screen isn’t working on your iPhone or iPad

If you're still having issues, it might be related to hardware. Here are the options for service: iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Nov 23, 2020 10:33 AM in response to sterling r

Thanks.

My iPad Air (3rd gen) model #MUUJ2VC/A was purchased July 15\20. I had already tried shutting it down and restarting. The intermittent problem persists. Also, sometimes when typing in the iMessage box, there is a delay before the letters appear. This, and the screen not responding, seems to happen randomly. My screen is clean and in pristine condition, I have no accessories attached, and the software is up-to-date at 14.2.

iPad Air 3 screen intermittently doesn’t respond

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.