Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does sudden mouse movement tile all open windows?

This is my first Mac and I have Googled this but I can't find the answer. When I make a certain movement with my mouse (what it is I don not know) all open windows shrink and are tiled on the screen. While it's not a big deal to find the one I was working on. it's really becoming annoying. Probably more annoying that I don't know what's doing this, and can't shut it off, or change it.

And it's definitely not a hot corner, I have only one set, and it's set for the screensaver.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 11:06 AM

I think it may be "Mission Control" unless you are only seeing windows from a single app. I don't use many special Apple features and I only use basic tracking & clicking features of the trackpad.

6 replies

Nov 15, 2020 9:06 PM in response to SergioQ

If you have a laptop check the Trackpad System Preferences for "gesture" settings. I don't know if there are any gesture settings when using a mouse.

It may be you are using a three finger gesture to access Expose as mentioned in this Apple article:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/open-windows-spaces-mission-control-mh35798/mac#:~:text=Show%20or%20move%20all%20open,keys%20again%20or%20swipe%20up.

Show all open windows for the current app: Press Control-Down Arrow. If App Exposé is selected in Trackpad preferences, you can also swipe down with three fingers. To return to the desktop, press the keys again or swipe up.

Why does sudden mouse movement tile all open windows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.