Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Among Us on Big Sur

I was super excited to be able to run Among Us on Big Sur, I don’t have a pc that’s newer than dinosaur age. But the app doesn’t show up in the App Store and when I go to Apple.com so open it on the MacOS App Store, it says it’s only available on iOS. My MacBook is a 2016 MacBook Pro, are iOS apps only available on the Apple M1 macs?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 12:02 PM

Yes, Big Sur supports properly developed iPadOS applications running on the M1 because iOS applications are compiled for ARM chips that are in Apple iOS devices. You will have to contact the developer of the Among Us application to see if they have added the ability for it to run on Big Sur.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2020 12:02 PM in response to tom_sawyer__DOC_ROBINSON

Yes, Big Sur supports properly developed iPadOS applications running on the M1 because iOS applications are compiled for ARM chips that are in Apple iOS devices. You will have to contact the developer of the Among Us application to see if they have added the ability for it to run on Big Sur.

Among Us on Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.