Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Big Sur is trying to install apps downloaded to my iPad?

Anytime I add an app to my iPhone or iPad, Big Sue tries to install it on my iMac. Obviously, it can't, and thus I am getting a tom of error notifications.

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 11:52 AM

Big Sur on M1 Macs can run iOS and iPadOS apps now. So it will try to install them if automatic downloads is turned on own the App Store preferences.

Use iPhone and iPad apps on Mac with Apple silicon - Apple Support

If you are using an Intel Mac, then it may try but fail to install them, as they are not supported on an Intel Mac.

You can turn off the option to automatically download Apps on the Mac so it does not install the iPad Apps without affecting other devices at all. The option just affects the Mac.

Menu->App Store->Preferences->Automatically Download apps on other devices.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2021 11:52 AM in response to cas2tgdfgdtrghrgew53gtdgfrhfge

Big Sur on M1 Macs can run iOS and iPadOS apps now. So it will try to install them if automatic downloads is turned on own the App Store preferences.

Use iPhone and iPad apps on Mac with Apple silicon - Apple Support

If you are using an Intel Mac, then it may try but fail to install them, as they are not supported on an Intel Mac.

You can turn off the option to automatically download Apps on the Mac so it does not install the iPad Apps without affecting other devices at all. The option just affects the Mac.

Menu->App Store->Preferences->Automatically Download apps on other devices.

Why is Big Sur is trying to install apps downloaded to my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.