Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove "gamecontrollerd", "AXVisualSupportAgent" and "ViewBridgeAuxiliary" processes from being a passive listener on key tap events?

a process called

"/usr/libexec/gamecontrollerd" and

"/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/UniversalAccess.framework/Versions/A/Resources/AXVisualSupportAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/AXVisualSupportAgent" and

"/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ViewBridge.framework/Versions/A/XPCServices/ViewBridgeAuxiliary.xpc/Contents/MacOS/ViewBridgeAuxiliary"

has recently started during boot time as a passive listener of my key tap events after I upgraded to Big Sur. It was not the case in Catalina. How do i revert back these processes to disabled state? Everytime i force quit these processes, it comes back as a passive listener on my keyboard tap events.

MacBook

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 8:33 AM

About gamecontrollerd

It is related to Chrome/Chromium (and so, to every electron application) - I've never saw it running before the Big Sur upgrade.

In my case, when I start the Mac, there is no gamecontrollerd process running, but when I launch Chrome or any Electron App (like slack), it starts.

Note that it is not possible to kill this process until you quit Chrome and all you electron based applications.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2020 8:33 AM in response to PersistentCache

About gamecontrollerd

It is related to Chrome/Chromium (and so, to every electron application) - I've never saw it running before the Big Sur upgrade.

In my case, when I start the Mac, there is no gamecontrollerd process running, but when I launch Chrome or any Electron App (like slack), it starts.

Note that it is not possible to kill this process until you quit Chrome and all you electron based applications.

Nov 26, 2020 2:29 PM in response to PersistentCache

With BigSur I too noticed gamecontrollerd taking more than zero cpu cycles, I don't ever need it.

This shell command will keep it from starting when Chrome (or anything else) wants it:

sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.GameController.gamecontrollerd.plist

And if you decide to undo the change:

sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.GameController.gamecontrollerd.plist

This worked for me, but of course your milage my vary. And as always, be careful when using sudo.

How do I remove "gamecontrollerd", "AXVisualSupportAgent" and "ViewBridgeAuxiliary" processes from being a passive listener on key tap events?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.