Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garage band not updating

How do I determine what version of Garage Band I have? When the app is open, I try looking for "About Garage Band" underneath "File," but it is greyed-out. Additionally, if I do indeed have the last free version of Garage Band, what do I do in order to get the application to stop asking for updates?

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 3:11 PM

To find the version number look either in the Finder in the Applications folder below the GarageBand icon.

Or launch GarageBand and go to main menu bar in the GarageBand menu: GarageBand > About GarageBand (not in the File menu).

Which system version do you have installed) The current update GarageBand 104.1 can only be installed on Macs with the most recent system version macOS 11 Big Sur. It is not compatible with Catalina or other older system versions.

In GarageBand:

In the Finder:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2020 3:11 PM in response to Anegomontoya

To find the version number look either in the Finder in the Applications folder below the GarageBand icon.

Or launch GarageBand and go to main menu bar in the GarageBand menu: GarageBand > About GarageBand (not in the File menu).

Which system version do you have installed) The current update GarageBand 104.1 can only be installed on Macs with the most recent system version macOS 11 Big Sur. It is not compatible with Catalina or other older system versions.

In GarageBand:

In the Finder:

Garage band not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.