Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant download garageband because my laptop is out of date. How can i access the older version of garageband?

can anyone help me access older version of garageband since my laptop is out of date? : /

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 8:35 PM

If you can get access to your own account on a computer with the required minimum macOS version for the current version you can download the new version of the app to it. Now go to your old computer and search for the application in the Mac App Store application. Try downloading it. It may offer an older version if one is available. If this is an app that uses a service there is no guarantee the old version will actually work with the service but I have found some old versions are available and provide partial functionality.

I managed to get Garageband on a Mavericks computer using a Mojave computer 2 years ago.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2021 8:35 PM in response to rashad56

If you can get access to your own account on a computer with the required minimum macOS version for the current version you can download the new version of the app to it. Now go to your old computer and search for the application in the Mac App Store application. Try downloading it. It may offer an older version if one is available. If this is an app that uses a service there is no guarantee the old version will actually work with the service but I have found some old versions are available and provide partial functionality.

I managed to get Garageband on a Mavericks computer using a Mojave computer 2 years ago.

i cant download garageband because my laptop is out of date. How can i access the older version of garageband?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.