Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail keeps crashing after updating to Big Sur

I have just updated to Big Sur and now every time I open Mail it crashes within a few seconds it was working fine before the update.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 2:27 AM

I had the same problem. First with iMessage, then with Mail.

For me it was probably due to the iCloud. Go to System Preferences -> iCloud -> and uncheck Mail. As long as it is on.

That was my solution. If you reactivate the iCloud switch afterwards, iCloud Mail will be reconfigured and it will work again.

Maybe this will work for you too!

Best, Carlo

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 2:27 AM in response to mrpiecrust

I had the same problem. First with iMessage, then with Mail.

For me it was probably due to the iCloud. Go to System Preferences -> iCloud -> and uncheck Mail. As long as it is on.

That was my solution. If you reactivate the iCloud switch afterwards, iCloud Mail will be reconfigured and it will work again.

Maybe this will work for you too!

Best, Carlo

Nov 16, 2020 12:54 AM in response to mrpiecrust

I have read a few things and think I have found a work around but not a solution, I disabled all the email accounts and then it would stay open. I went through enabling the email accounts one at a time and it turns out the problem is the Mail on my iCloud account. How silly is that its a Apple account that is causing the problem not sure what to do other than leave it disabled.

Mail keeps crashing after updating to Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.