Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

acrobat reader not working in big sur

Just updated my mac with Big Sur. Cannot open my PDF files through acrobat reader.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 15, 2020 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 7:16 PM

Chuck, thanks for responding back. Adobe Reader is now reading the PDF files. The correction happened the day after I posted this message. I guess there was a problem at Adobe end - their server may have been down.

Thanks again.

2 replies

Nov 23, 2020 6:15 PM in response to IronTrain

Hey there IronTrain,

We'd like to help however we can to get your PDF files opening with Adobe Acrobat Reader, but as this is a third-party developed app, you may need to reach out to Adobe support for further help. Let's rule out what we can by confirming some possible causes:

1. Let us know exactly what occurs when you try opening PDFs using that app. The more details you provide, the better equipped we'll be to assist.
  2. We see you're using a MacBook Pro, so let us know if you try opening a PDF using one of the built-in macOS apps.
  3. Please confirm which macOS version shows after clicking on the Apple logo at the top left of the screen, then on 'About This Mac'. Also, let us know if you've already checked on the Adobe website for the newest version of Acrobat Reader.

We look forward to your response about these details, and take care until then!

acrobat reader not working in big sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.