Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur Secondary Monitor is flickering after update

I have two DELL P2414H Monitors, and after the update of my Mac 2019 for Big Sur version, one of the monitors are flickering. Never had a problem when using Catalina.

Basically, I have a docking station from Thinkpad and one of the monitors is connected to it and connects to my MacPro with USB-c and the other I am using a display port adapter and connected directly to my Mac. The monitor using USB-c is flickering after the update.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 4:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 10:37 AM

Hello ejamartins and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty with flickering on an external display.

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support

As both monitors are the same make and model, the difference here is the docking station. You may want to check with the manufacturer to see if it needs some kind of firmware update in order to work reliably with Big Sur.

Cheers.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 10:37 AM in response to ejamartins

Hello ejamartins and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty with flickering on an external display.

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support

As both monitors are the same make and model, the difference here is the docking station. You may want to check with the manufacturer to see if it needs some kind of firmware update in order to work reliably with Big Sur.

Cheers.

Big Sur Secondary Monitor is flickering after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.