Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to download Catalina on my Mac that has Big Sur

want to go back my macis hardly useable. Please help! new OS *****!!!!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac mini, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 8:38 AM

Howdy,

Did your Mac come with Big Sur (a new Mac mini) or did it have Catalina or earlier on it? If it came with Big Sur preinstalled you may not be able to downgrade.

If you had Catalina on it before, you should be able to download it.

Searching the App Store for macOS Catalina, I'm not seeing it either, but it is found using this link:

Download macOS Catalina from the App Store

That took me to macOS Catalina on the App Store. Clicking GET from there went to the Software Update System Preference where I was able to download Catalina (8.25GB).

ivan

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2020 8:38 AM in response to curtstamp

Howdy,

Did your Mac come with Big Sur (a new Mac mini) or did it have Catalina or earlier on it? If it came with Big Sur preinstalled you may not be able to downgrade.

If you had Catalina on it before, you should be able to download it.

Searching the App Store for macOS Catalina, I'm not seeing it either, but it is found using this link:

Download macOS Catalina from the App Store

That took me to macOS Catalina on the App Store. Clicking GET from there went to the Software Update System Preference where I was able to download Catalina (8.25GB).

ivan

Not able to download Catalina on my Mac that has Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.