Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play/Fast Forward Controls in Preview

Since upgrading to Big Sur, if I go full screen in Preview, a play/fast forward/rewind button set appears towards the bottom of the screen. This obscures my view of the bottom of PDFs.

Anyone know how to turn this off?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 9:11 AM

Howdy,

Moving the mouse brings up those navigation commands for you to click on. They seem to go away after about 3-4 seconds with an idle mouse.

If you don't move the mouse and use the arrow keys instead to navigate forward and back then you won't see the pop-up buttons.

I'm not seeing a way to change that behavior.

ivan

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2020 9:11 AM in response to GoBonnies

Howdy,

Moving the mouse brings up those navigation commands for you to click on. They seem to go away after about 3-4 seconds with an idle mouse.

If you don't move the mouse and use the arrow keys instead to navigate forward and back then you won't see the pop-up buttons.

I'm not seeing a way to change that behavior.

ivan

Play/Fast Forward Controls in Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.