Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

play bar in preview

hey guys,

so ever since big sur there is this weird play bar that shows up on the bottom of pdfs I open in preview

it's causing a lot of issues:

first off it's blocking that part of the screen making my pdf viewing experience not ideal

secondly whenever I try to change a window, for some reason it sends me back to the pdf

anyway can anyone help me get rid of it (or is it just a new "feature" which I cant turn off)

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 10:07 AM

That slideshow control bar is not new to Big Sur. If you move your mouse pointer off of the slideshow and then do not touch the mouse or trackpad, within a minute the control bar will vanish. Then you can use up or down arrow keys to move backward or forward in the PDF — without the control bar presence.

There is no Preview configuration setting to not show that control bar or its location over the PDF.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2021 10:07 AM in response to aryeh04

That slideshow control bar is not new to Big Sur. If you move your mouse pointer off of the slideshow and then do not touch the mouse or trackpad, within a minute the control bar will vanish. Then you can use up or down arrow keys to move backward or forward in the PDF — without the control bar presence.

There is no Preview configuration setting to not show that control bar or its location over the PDF.

play bar in preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.