Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari tabs

I’m running latest version iOS on iPad Pro. So say I’m reading USA Today and I purposely or accidentally touch something that opens in safari. I later go to safari and the only window I get is that one and my original tabs are all gone. I know I can go into history and get them back but many of them are old and if I can’t remember what they are I would have to go way back to even find them. Is there any way that this can be avoided? I need to keep my original tabs and not have them wiped out this way. Thanks.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 9:19 AM

You may find this article to be helpful in understanding some of the frequent difficulties encountered by users new to iPadOS Safari - along with some of Safari’s more esoteric features and quirks:

iPadOS - Safari - Lost Windows, Lost Tabs… - Apple Community

Insofar as possible, I hope to have distilled most of the frequent problems reported here - and documented procedures, strategies [and where needed] some useful workarounds.

I that you find this to be helpful in resolving any issues that you may be experiencing.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2020 9:19 AM in response to Bamatuscaloosa

You may find this article to be helpful in understanding some of the frequent difficulties encountered by users new to iPadOS Safari - along with some of Safari’s more esoteric features and quirks:

iPadOS - Safari - Lost Windows, Lost Tabs… - Apple Community

Insofar as possible, I hope to have distilled most of the frequent problems reported here - and documented procedures, strategies [and where needed] some useful workarounds.

I that you find this to be helpful in resolving any issues that you may be experiencing.

Safari tabs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.