Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Open Recent" missing on NUMBERS

When using "Numbers" I prefer to click on "Open Recents" to get a spread sheet I've used recently. Now when I select "Open Recents", I only see "Clear Menu". What happened here? It went away while using Catalina OS and it's still a problem with Big Sur OS.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 12:21 PM

If you click on the Apple menu (top left) and look at recent items in that menu, are there any items (apps and/or documents) listed there? Any Numbers documents? Or is this just a problem with the recent items menu in Numbers?

If you go to System Preferences/General, near the bottom is how many recent items should be on the list. Try changing it to something else, maybe that will fix it. Just guessing here.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2020 12:21 PM in response to michaelfrombozeman

If you click on the Apple menu (top left) and look at recent items in that menu, are there any items (apps and/or documents) listed there? Any Numbers documents? Or is this just a problem with the recent items menu in Numbers?

If you go to System Preferences/General, near the bottom is how many recent items should be on the list. Try changing it to something else, maybe that will fix it. Just guessing here.

"Open Recent" missing on NUMBERS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.