Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Sorry, there was a problem with Apple Music."

I ask Siri to shuffle music or play a certain song and Siri responds by saying, "Sorry, there was a problem with Apple Music."

I am not subscribed to Apple Music.

This seems to happen only on LTE but not on wi-fi.

Currently running iOS 14.2 on iPhone 11.

Any ideas for how to fix this?

-Andrew Damon

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 3:08 PM

Hi there mrandrewdamon,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’ve run into an issue with using Siri and Music on your iPhone. We’ll be happy to help.

Since the issue happens when on LTE, let’s check your cellular settings. Go go: Settings > Cellular. First make sure Cellular (or Mobile) Data is toggled on. Make sure “Music” is toggled on. Restart your iPhone and test again. We hope this helps.

Best regards.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 3:08 PM in response to mrandrewdamon

Hi there mrandrewdamon,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’ve run into an issue with using Siri and Music on your iPhone. We’ll be happy to help.

Since the issue happens when on LTE, let’s check your cellular settings. Go go: Settings > Cellular. First make sure Cellular (or Mobile) Data is toggled on. Make sure “Music” is toggled on. Restart your iPhone and test again. We hope this helps.

Best regards.

Jan 2, 2021 1:08 PM in response to Jonathan Sapan

Yeah, it feels like this is some type of punishment for not using Apple Music. That's good from a marketing standpoint but also evil. I'm starting to calculate what all it would take for me to switch to a Samsung phone. There are cloud music players that are starting to get mature and will let me stream my files right from OneDrive or other could storage.

"Sorry, there was a problem with Apple Music."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.