Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri no longer plays requested music

I am on iOS 15.7 and iPadOS 15.7. AppleTv and Homepods are on version 16 of their respective OSes.

i cannot be sure, but I think ever since i updated the homepods and appletv, Siri refuses to play music I ask for. I am an Apple Music subscriber.

If I tell Siri to play Adele, Siri says “one moment…I cant find Adele in your Apple Music library…” this is true for any artist or music genre. Oddly, though, if I ask Siri to play chill jazz, she promptly obeys.

overall, super-frustrating. I think this is a bug.

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 5:51 AM

Going through the Reset Homepod process fixes this issue. I have done it on two (one Original and one Mini) and Siri is back to responding to music requests.

With your iPhone, use the Home App to Remove the Homepod from the Home, and then power-cycle the Homepod. Let the Homepod Setup process do the rest. Keep your iPhone near the Homepod during this process...you will need it. But...pretty painless really.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2022 5:51 AM in response to pbastian

Going through the Reset Homepod process fixes this issue. I have done it on two (one Original and one Mini) and Siri is back to responding to music requests.

With your iPhone, use the Home App to Remove the Homepod from the Home, and then power-cycle the Homepod. Let the Homepod Setup process do the rest. Keep your iPhone near the Homepod during this process...you will need it. But...pretty painless really.

Oct 17, 2022 3:40 PM in response to pbastian

And I tried it again on a second homepod in the house. It acts like it is attempting a sign-in, and then eventually times out, with a message that says "Could not complete operation. "timed out cmuunicating with the accessory. Make sure you're connected to the internet and try again." Of course, I am connected to the internet as I type this.

Now, after I choose OK on the error message, signing in to the same homepod to repeat this procedure is no longer possible. I can tap the Sign In button, but nothing happens.

Siri no longer plays requested music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.