Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook issue with talking on the phone

I recently updated my 2019 Macbook air to the BigSur. When I would receive calls, I use to be able to chat on the phone with my headphones connected to the laptop. Now, after the update, when I receive calls it uses the Macbook speakers despite my headphones being plugged in?? I went into my system setting to ensure that the input/output are connected through the headphones and I'm not sure why it's doing that ugh!

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 6:50 PM

Hello Unique_96,

We understand you are having an issue with your calls playing through your earphones on the Mac and we're happy to help. First, have you tried restarting the Mac using the steps here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac ?

Also, have you tested the issue with a different pair of earphones?

Lastly, when testing the sound in System Preferences, are you able to hear the audio through the earphones?

Have a great day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2020 6:50 PM in response to Unique_96

Hello Unique_96,

We understand you are having an issue with your calls playing through your earphones on the Mac and we're happy to help. First, have you tried restarting the Mac using the steps here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac ?

Also, have you tested the issue with a different pair of earphones?

Lastly, when testing the sound in System Preferences, are you able to hear the audio through the earphones?

Have a great day!

Macbook issue with talking on the phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.