Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini 4 keeps crashing from time to time

Hi, I have a iPad mini 4, and it is currently 6 years old. It has iPadOS 14 on it. My iPad keeps crashing, even before iPadOS came out. It started around iOS 12. Is this normal or is it not. If it isn’t normal, what do I do to keep it from doing that?

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2020 3:15 PM

If it has occurred across multiple iOS updates, it is significant. I would create a current backup and then restore the device to factory, set it up as new, and test for a period of time to see if it crashes. It could be a corrupt file in your iOS, or it could be something corrupt in your backup. It could be hard to troubleshoot.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2020 3:15 PM in response to DJ3508

If it has occurred across multiple iOS updates, it is significant. I would create a current backup and then restore the device to factory, set it up as new, and test for a period of time to see if it crashes. It could be a corrupt file in your iOS, or it could be something corrupt in your backup. It could be hard to troubleshoot.

iPad mini 4 keeps crashing from time to time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.