Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad constantly crashing

Why does my iPad constantly crash? If I were using my iPad just now it would have crashed about 10 times while writing this sentence

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 9:06 AM

Crash how? Does the entire iPad restart (with the Apple logo) - or are you simply experiencing unexpected closing of Apps?

If the iPad is not restarting, a forced-restart will often resolve an isolated software issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

This support page may also be helpful:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2021 9:06 AM in response to combeldegaillard

Crash how? Does the entire iPad restart (with the Apple logo) - or are you simply experiencing unexpected closing of Apps?

If the iPad is not restarting, a forced-restart will often resolve an isolated software issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

This support page may also be helpful:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

Aug 6, 2021 9:47 AM in response to combeldegaillard

A little hard to advise and help you when you provide NO information about your iPad.

Here are my questions to you.

What year and model iPad do you have/own?

The “A” model number can be found on the aluminium back of your iPad, in small print, right under the larger bold print “iPad”.

What iOS/iPadOS version is this iPad, currently, running?

What is the rated, internal data storage space/capacity of your iPad model and how much of this free, internal data storage capacity is left inside of your iPad model?

All of that additional info can be found in the Settings app, General settings panel, About.

Please attempt to answer all questions asked.

Thank You.

iPad constantly crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.